While you might have some-day plans for redoing the kitchen or finishing the basement, while you’re waiting, you can chip away at smaller improvements around the house that are well within your budget, yet will make a big difference in your daily life. Plus, these projects can be done in a weekend and won’t cause a lot of mess and disruption. Try one of the following:
- Paint a room. Nothing makes a dramatic change more quickly than painting a room…or two. A couple gallons of paint, rollers, tape and drop cloths will be well within your $250 budget.
- Install new cabinet hardware. When it comes to interior design, it’s all in the details. Shop around for new knobs and drawer pulls for your kitchen cabinets. Depending upon your taste and the size of your kitchen, this project can fall within your price range.
- Plant a tree or some shrubs. Improving your home happens on the outside, as well. Invest $250 in drought-tolerant evergreen shrubs or bushes to beautify your landscaping for the long-term.
- Tile a bathroom floor. You can take care of a small bathroom floor if you have some DIY skills. Most natural stone tiles cost between $5 – $10 per square foot, so you should be able to stay within your budget.
- Install a water filtration system. This feature will add a little low-cost luxury to your kitchen and save you from buying all that bottled water. It’s also a nice touch when it comes to resale value.
Remember, when it comes to working on your home, every improvement matters, even the small ones.