Those of us who live in areas that get cold in the winter know all about the joys of home heating. But have you ever stopped to wonder if your heating system is safe? Consider the following tips from SoCal Gas.
– Never store or use highly flammable products in the same room as any natural gas or heat-producing appliances. This includes gasoline, spray paints, foggers, varnish and other pressurized containers.
– Never store ordinary combustibles such as rags, mops or paper on or near an appliance.
– Never use your oven, range top or outdoor barbecue to heat your home. These appliances are not designed for this purpose.
– Make sure your natural gas heater is vented.
– If you suspect that you or someone else is suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, call 911 immediately.